Some of the points of interest on the Thai Muang Andaman coastline map include:-
- the "original" Khaolak beach
(The beaches of Na Tai, Pilai and Tha Nun are in Takua Thung district).
- Khao Lak - Lam Ru national park
- Thap Lamu (departure point for Similan islands)
- Thai Muang - Khao Lam Pi national park
- Bo Dan hotsprings
- Thai Muang beach (adjacent to Thai Muang golf course)
- Tha Sai beach
- Bo Dan beach
The district (Amphoe) of Thai Muang, has an area of 611.8 square kilometers and has six sub-districts (tambon) - these are Thai Muang, Na Toei, Bang Thong, Thung Maprao, Lam Pi, and Lam Kaen. There is a total of 49 villages.